Friday 28 August 2015

Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Become A GOAT

Some crazy things happen though.  How can a human being say he wants to take a break from being human to become a goat? Well meet the man that is so fascinated by goats that he gave it all up to live with them.

Thomas Thwaites spent three days as part of a herd in the Swiss Alps while investigating goat behaviour.
He used special prosthetic limbs made to enable him to move around on all fours easily and even considered having a fake stomach fitted to let him to eat grass, just like his fellow goats. He said his sojourn was aimed at "taking a break from being human”
He said "My goal was to take a holiday from the pain and worry of being a self-conscious being, able to regret the past and worry about the future."

"I was able to keep up for maybe a kilometre or so on this migration down the side of this kind of rocky mountain, and then they just left me in the dust.
"So I spent the rest of the day trying to catch up to them and eventually I found them again, and it was quite nice, in the actual soft grassy pasture bit.
"But actually heading down the mountain was petrifying. Because if I fell I didn’t have any hands to stop me from hitting a rock."

Thwaites has written a book about his experiences, called ‘GoatMan; How I Took a Holiday from Being Human’.
Source; Mashable and Motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment